Friday, February 1, 2013

I spent alot of time thinking about that T.S. Elliot quote, and here's what I came up with. I think that he is trying to tell us that when we have learned or explored what we needed or wanted to that we would look at ourselves and life differently. i think that's true because when i came back from Italy, Greece, Sicily, and Crete, i looked at my life, my home and everything differently. It just wasn't as magical I guess. I was disapointed, but happy that i had seen some of the rest of the world, because it affects all of my decisions. in the end, i would not trade what I saw and experienced for anything in the world, because the world is outside your door, and you can't see it when you hide inside your house and pretend it doesn't exist! Sometimes you don't have to be te hero, you just have to know there are bigger and better things than yourself. Time for a barely relatable hobbit quote!

“Surely you don’t disbelieve the prophecies, because you had a hand in bringing them about yourself? You don’t really suppose, do you, that all your adventures and escapes were managed by mere luck, just for your sole benefit? You are a very fine person, Mr. Baggins, and I am very fond of you; but you are only quite a little fellow in a wide world after all!” "Thank goodness!" said Bilbo laughing, and handed him the tobacco jar":)

No comments:

Post a Comment